Monday, May 9, 2011

Whoops!

Six and half weeks already? Whoops, seems like time has been flying by!

SO, let's see, what HAVE I been up to...

Ran a 5k...wasn't too impressed but that's where I was at, I guess. Have to start the season somewhere.

Then I got sick.

Finished my 4th year research project! That was a relief.

Ran a 15k road race, in a blizzard, in mid april. That one quickly turned into a training run. Won a bit of cash though, so that was nice.

Then I got sick.

Competed in my first cycling race. That was a lot more fun then I was expected. Ended up third in my category (need to work on my sprinting skills...) and got a surprise prize in the mail this week, so that was nice.

Finished exams! That was a relief.

Got excited that it was summer and I could train!...maybe too excited.

Then I got sick.

Hmmm....there's a bit of a pattern here. Not sure I like it. Ok, took a step back, plan is to take the intensity down a notch for a block or two and just try to get some consistent volume in. Frustrated Dorelle.

In other news, I have been living in my new apartment for a week now and loving it! Its been fun setting everything up and figuring out a new place. We are hosting our first RTC BBQ this weekend, we'll see what everyone else thinks of our little place.

1 comment:

  1. Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece ,I must say. Get more information about hosting kelowna .

    ReplyDelete