Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trial #1

This year I decided to substitute one of my "normal" courses (the lecture-lab-midterm-final type) with my own research project. I contacted the professor I wanted to work with last year (Dr. Lawrence Spriet...aka the Gatorade Dr.) since I knew I wanted to focus on exercise physiology. First semester was spent researching my topic, reading as much as I could of already published literature, figuring out what I wanted to test and how I was going to do it. Finally this semester I've been able to start testing!

Yesterday I completed my first trial and I was pretty nervous.  I've been the athlete being tested before, but this time I was the one doing the testing! 1 trial down, only 31 more to go...

The "final" for this course is a 10 minute presentation I have to give to my supervisor and his graduate students along with a written paper of my work. I'm definitely enjoying seeing what it is like to do my own research, although I may not be saying the same thing once I am trying to finish all the data analysis.

Today is the last of a few days of regeneration here at the RTC and I think it worked as I'm looking forward to the next block.  AND my flights to Florida are booked!! Hurry up reading week...

No comments:

Post a Comment